Skip to main content

The Man of Great Modesty

               Dalam kesibukan kerja yang semakin menjadi-jadi, saya ambil kesempatan ini untuk berkongsi pembacaan saya dengan niat utama agar keluarga dan sahabat handai turut dapat mengetahui kisah ini J

               Suatu masa dahulu, sewaktu masih di universiti, seorang sahabat yang jauh diperantauan (Hanna are you there???)   pernah bertanya kepada saya, “Sahabat Rasulallah s.a.w yang mana awak paling suka?”. Suatu soalan yang sukar untuk dijawab kerana latar belakang pendidikan saya hanyalah pendidikan “biasa”, mendapat pendidikan agama secara informal dari ibu ayah di rumah dan sekadar menghadiri sekolah agama, itupun waktu sekolah rendah!

Soalan yang mencabar minda. Namun, tetap dijawab agar sahabat tidak menanti, dengan pantas “Saidina Abu Bakar” dijawab.

Kenapa saya memilih Saidina Abu Bakar? 

Kerana beliau adalah satu-satunya sahabat yang paling banyak kisahnya  yang saya dengari, beliau merupakan pendamping Rasulallah di awal kedatangan Islam dan beliau merupakan “orang kanan” Rasulallah. Bila dikatakan “orang kanan” mestilah beliau seorang yang hebat! Mana mungkin sahabat baik Rasulallah seorang yang “biasa-biasa”. Dan yang paling saya kagumi tentang Abu Bakar adalah beliau seorang sahabat yang setia…kalau ikutkan sahabat baik Rasulallah semuanya setia..TAPI tu je yang saya tahu kisahnya J

                  Dalam kehidupan, semua yang berada disekeliling kita mempunyai ciri-ciri yang tersendiri yang mengingatkan kita kepada mereka. Contohnya bila disebut “Mama”, that’s my best friend and my mother who has always sacrificed herself for me. “Aziah” a great friend who is forever always ready to lend her shoulder for me to cry on..alwaays! “Naddy” the only person I call “baby” because she calls me “manja”…ok. Enough about me J

The same goes to the sahabahs. Abu Bakr is known as As-Siddiq, Umar as the Lion of God and Uthman? Hmm..I have missed this one out. (proof of my shallow knowledge). Then, I started to read up…

Unintentionally, the book I was reading was not on Uthman but it was generally on the ethics of Rasulallah p.b.u.h. but of course Uthman will be in it.*sigh*

So after reading for a while, then came the chapter on Uthman the Man of Great Modesty.

 I didn’t know that!

From Sahih Muslim:

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said that even the angels are shy in the presence of Uthman. 
Aisha reports:  The Prophet (p.b.u.h) was lying down in his house with his thighs or his calves exposes.  Abu Bakr asked permission to enter and was permitted while the Prophet (p.b.uh) was in that position and he came in and spoke with him (p.b.u.h).  Then, Umar asked permission to enter.  He was granted permission and came in and spoke with him (p.b.u.h) while in that position.  Then, Uthman asked permission and the Prophet (p.b.u.h) sat up and straightened his clothing.  He was then permitted and came in and spoke with the Prophet (p.b.u.h).  After he had gone, Aisha said:  Abu Bakr entered and you did not get up for him or worry about him and Umar came in and you did not get up for him nor worry about him but when Uthman came in, you straigtened out your clothing!   The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said:  "Should I not be shy of a man around whom the angels are shy?"

Subhanallah.. Malaikat berasa malu kepada Uthman??

Kita??

A reflection to myself and others, how modest are we in this challenging world? Does modesty exist in our everyday life?

Most importantly, what is “modesty”?

Perhaps for ladies we should look in perspective of our attitude, clothing, speech (my biggest loop) and many more.


After all Rasulallah said that “Modesty is part of faith”. 

Is there modesty in me?

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Again

Assalamualaikum... After 3 years of abandoning this blog, I'm here again. Reading all the posts. How things have changed. Some of the posts made me smile, some brought tears as they remind me of such events, some sounded selfish and arrogant.Sorry. What led me to write again? ...so that I can share ...so that those who might be in the same situation as I am currently in knows that they are not alone sometimes, we do have that lonely time where reading helps..right? ...so that I could somehow inspire I could you know... ...so that I could reflect This blog has somehow bring me back to the past. Can u imagine that its actually 8 years old?? I could read my past. thought. feelings. behaviour. ... so that I can have a healthy way of expressing myself healthier than food. Don't you think so? ...so that neurons in my brain are well connected b'cause writing on blogs need us to think (well, I do). Think of whether its appropriate to share to public o

A sunnah: Honey

"Look who's back       Back again.." -eminem- Yes, I'm back! Back tapping the letters :) Since last Ramadhan I've been consuming honey regularly every morning and Alhamdulillah (praise to Allah) my asthma is very well in control. I'm no longer depending on Symbicort ( a drug recommended by Brother 1) and Ventolin is just on standy. But since honey is my breakfast, the inhaler is just as part of my handbag fillers, perhaps its beyond the expiry date ( I should check on that).  #1: Why did I choose honey?        -Because it was part of the sunnahs.        - The last time I had really bad attacks (everyday!!!) honey was the most effective reliever.  #2: Why did I start consuming it again?       - Because its part of sunnah :)          (am I repeating my answer??)               - Since I heard the book by a reverter on "Rasulallah is my doctor" by Jerry D Gray. I've only heard          about the book. Still hunting for t