Skip to main content

Beijing 2011

Salam


      Alhamdulillah, we (family and I) were given the opportunity to visit Beijing for 8 days from 5 to 12 Dec this year. Boy I was so excited since I've been wanting to visit China. I heard a hadith which sounds like this, "Belajarlah kamu sehingga ke negara China" when I was young and that made me add China in my bucket list. Though most have agreed that its dhaif and  fabricated because the source of hadith is doubt-able, I have to agree that there are many things that we can learn from the Chinese.

Its an 8-day full of new experience =)

      Beijing is a big city. The population in Beijing itself is as the whole Malaysia. Unlike our country- a melting pot of races, Beijing is resided by Chinese from all over China *yes, China is big*. Approximately, there are 56 Chinese ethnics and Han is the majority.


One of the unique buildings

      Since we went in Dec, so we were welcomed by the snow. It was far too cold to compare with the aircond in Malaysia =) Winter jacket is a must if you plan to visit during winter which is from end of October to January. And since we’re not familiar with cold weather, bring along moisturizers and cold pills too. They are great help to keep us comfortable while on the trip.

      One major thing that I learn from the Chinese is that the people work-hard. Its not just a saying, they ARE hard-working group of people. Semuanya kuatlah. Kuat berkerja, kuat menipu, kuat minum, kuat belajar, etc. The population is high, they need to be among the best to succeed, to survive.

      The toilet is another experience. Yes, public toilets are everywhere. But beware, some can’t be locked and you might need the help of a friend to hold it for you =) *we can’t be exposing our aurat, can we?* I would also advise others to bring along wet tissue all the time since most toilets have no water tap. Just be sure to be clean all the time because later you would be performing the solah.

      My most personal overwhelming part throughout the trip were climbing The Great Wall and visiting the mosques =) *mashaAllah*

      I personally feel that Great Wall is not just great because of the walls built on mountains, but because how greatness of Allah to give the strength to people so that they are be able to build such thing. If you are able to reach among the top Beacon towers...MashaAllah lagi teruja! The bird view of everything below is breathtaking. Well, I’m not sure whether I’ve reached the most top or not but I do know that the view is unbelievable. Greatness! Greatness!! Subhanallah. Only those who’d climb all the way would have the same experience. We were puffing all the way to the top because it was -6 celsius, yet it was all worth it. Melihat kebesaran Allah. Priceless!


At the top, with aunty =)

      The mosque is another of my favourite visit. It was one of my main purposes of travelling; to perform solat in mosques all over the world and meet the Muslims because Muslims are not only in Malaysia but we are everywhere. Yes, EVERYWHERE. Islam is not a religion only for Arabs but for everyone, its universal. To give and hear salam from others beat my heart hard, not only fast but hard. It feels like hearing my pulse throughout my body *dup dap dup dap dup dap*

Why?

      Sebab Rasullah s.a.w pernah bagitau antara hak seorang muslim ke atas muslim yang lain adalah memberi salam bila berjumpa ( The Prophet pbuh used to mention that among the rights of one Muslim to another Muslim is to give the salam when you meet). This has been forgotten in the modern days and I admit that it is not a norm in Malaysia too, unless we go to the mosque or attend Islamic classes *malu dgn diri sendiri*

      Its very fortunate to be given the chance to meet other fellow Muslims. It made me to believe that Islam stands strong on earth, despite the challenges.


One of the mosques: Masjin Nan Dou Ya

So, there you go. Some of my stories about China to share =)

p/s: Am having difficulty to edit the post. hmm...

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Again

Assalamualaikum... After 3 years of abandoning this blog, I'm here again. Reading all the posts. How things have changed. Some of the posts made me smile, some brought tears as they remind me of such events, some sounded selfish and arrogant.Sorry. What led me to write again? ...so that I can share ...so that those who might be in the same situation as I am currently in knows that they are not alone sometimes, we do have that lonely time where reading helps..right? ...so that I could somehow inspire I could you know... ...so that I could reflect This blog has somehow bring me back to the past. Can u imagine that its actually 8 years old?? I could read my past. thought. feelings. behaviour. ... so that I can have a healthy way of expressing myself healthier than food. Don't you think so? ...so that neurons in my brain are well connected b'cause writing on blogs need us to think (well, I do). Think of whether its appropriate to share to public o

A sunnah: Honey

"Look who's back       Back again.." -eminem- Yes, I'm back! Back tapping the letters :) Since last Ramadhan I've been consuming honey regularly every morning and Alhamdulillah (praise to Allah) my asthma is very well in control. I'm no longer depending on Symbicort ( a drug recommended by Brother 1) and Ventolin is just on standy. But since honey is my breakfast, the inhaler is just as part of my handbag fillers, perhaps its beyond the expiry date ( I should check on that).  #1: Why did I choose honey?        -Because it was part of the sunnahs.        - The last time I had really bad attacks (everyday!!!) honey was the most effective reliever.  #2: Why did I start consuming it again?       - Because its part of sunnah :)          (am I repeating my answer??)               - Since I heard the book by a reverter on "Rasulallah is my doctor" by Jerry D Gray. I've only heard          about the book. Still hunting for t

Vietnam with the girls

Assalamualaikum and Hi The first thing came to my head just now was ...." ha..dah lama tak update blog" So, lets not talk about that ;) Referring to the topic, yup I went to Vietnam last 2 weeks with my college friends. We were there for 3 days and 2 nights celebrating our 9th year of friendship (who would have thought we could last that longgg??) Alhamdulillah. It was so much fun!! We wanted to fly back to Vietnam just as we landed in KL! Lets see some of the pictures ;) Our coasters. Rase macam artis jemputan.huhu shell painting factory something in the city (we didnt get to walk around the city) by the road Mei mei (Our Mekong tourist guide.We gave her that name) Boat house Our luxury boat! Local fruits ( Mcm Malaysia jgak. buat2 kagum je nii) Mekong river  Owh.. and one  of the most important event was... Shopping! Dah all girls, wajib la pegi tempat ni and borong Baju Kurung. This was Danny's Place.Spe