Salam and Hi!
Recently, I went to an interview held by the Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Pendidikan (SPP) in Jabatan Perdana Menteri, Putrajaya. Mine was early in the morning and the interviewer was one of the big shots in JPM (I didn’t know until I saw “the name” in Google). ^_^
Like any others, of course I had to read, read, read and read...almost everything. And this kind of reading activity needs lot of attention and focus that it drains out all of our energy. I was struggling hard with the time to read the fundamentals and current issues...and juggling with events in school. I even tried to Google for discussions that maybe millions out there would love to share regarding the topics that might be asked, however, I was devastated.
So here, with the purpose of sharing my experience with others , here are lists of some of the things that I read:
The MUST read
1. the Dasar-dasar Pendidikan
2. Falsafah Pendidikan Negara (FPK)
3. Misi dan Visi FPK
5. Wawasan 2020
6. RMK-10 (read RMK-9 too)
7. Learning Theories
8. Kurikulum Standard Sekolah Rendah (KSSR)
9. Modal Insan
10. The Cabinet
11. and etc- RPH, RPT, Syllabus, teaching approaches
12. Mission and Vision of the school
The also MUST read: *Current issues
1. Tsunami in Japan and Asian region
2. The Result of SPM which was recently announced
3. Issues in school- discipline problems.
4. A bit about politics in Malaysia ( I didn’t read ... with personal reason)
5. World news
*my current issues may differ from yours due to time factor.
One reminder to everyone too, look through you scroll again and try to study or recall the things you have learnt. Bear in mind that the interviewers have abundant of experience and knowledge, and they will closely read the scroll when it reaches their hands. Thus, this gives them more ideas to ask any possible question that you might have never thought of =)
All the best!!