Skip to main content

The Choral Speakers

Assalamualaikum

Finally the school holiday is here! hehe. I was really looking for it since started working. School break means time with the family, family and friends gathering which is a must to keep up with each other and also a time to get myself re-organize (physically, mentally and spiritually).

The last day of school was such a drama (there were episodes actually). My school was so busy with Hari Anugerah Cemerlang and of course the TEACHERS had to prepare the pupils weeks before the day for performances. Mine was English Choral Speaking.

It was my first time to train the pupils but Alhamdulillah, things turned up really well. I am so proud of my little 'big mouths' (now you know why they're in the Choral speaking team, don't you?) Impressive enough that they manage to work together and find a communal agreement to present their story without any quarreling.

The problems that I faced while training them were:

1. Pronunciation- some had difficulties to read and pronounce the words.

2. Intonation- they are so used to reading a text book in the class; u know the monotonous "da..da..da.." where after two minutes hearing it you feel like sleeping, so they read the text that way. Alhamdulillah after few days of training, they read with better intonations and I did not fall asleep while training them =).

3. Team work- children are so eager to be a leader and show their talents. So, those who are aggressive would course like to be the dominator and want others to be the followers. As the teacher, the one who controls the children, I had to play few of my "magic tricks" to calm them down and "put a spell" so they can discuss humanly.

F.Y.I: Most of my pupils come from a low SES family, so please understand their attitudes and behaviours.

After two weeks of training, Alhamdulillah. They look clean and cute and performed on the stage confidently.

Good job little ones!

Choral Speaking Team: Small in size, "big" at the mouth =)

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Again

Assalamualaikum... After 3 years of abandoning this blog, I'm here again. Reading all the posts. How things have changed. Some of the posts made me smile, some brought tears as they remind me of such events, some sounded selfish and arrogant.Sorry. What led me to write again? ...so that I can share ...so that those who might be in the same situation as I am currently in knows that they are not alone sometimes, we do have that lonely time where reading helps..right? ...so that I could somehow inspire I could you know... ...so that I could reflect This blog has somehow bring me back to the past. Can u imagine that its actually 8 years old?? I could read my past. thought. feelings. behaviour. ... so that I can have a healthy way of expressing myself healthier than food. Don't you think so? ...so that neurons in my brain are well connected b'cause writing on blogs need us to think (well, I do). Think of whether its appropriate to share to public o

A sunnah: Honey

"Look who's back       Back again.." -eminem- Yes, I'm back! Back tapping the letters :) Since last Ramadhan I've been consuming honey regularly every morning and Alhamdulillah (praise to Allah) my asthma is very well in control. I'm no longer depending on Symbicort ( a drug recommended by Brother 1) and Ventolin is just on standy. But since honey is my breakfast, the inhaler is just as part of my handbag fillers, perhaps its beyond the expiry date ( I should check on that).  #1: Why did I choose honey?        -Because it was part of the sunnahs.        - The last time I had really bad attacks (everyday!!!) honey was the most effective reliever.  #2: Why did I start consuming it again?       - Because its part of sunnah :)          (am I repeating my answer??)               - Since I heard the book by a reverter on "Rasulallah is my doctor" by Jerry D Gray. I've only heard          about the book. Still hunting for t

The Man of Great Modesty

                Dalam kesibukan kerja yang semakin menjadi-jadi, saya ambil kesempatan ini untuk berkongsi pembacaan saya dengan niat utama agar keluarga dan sahabat handai turut dapat mengetahui kisah ini J                Suatu masa dahulu, sewaktu masih di universiti, seorang sahabat yang jauh diperantauan (Hanna are you there???)    pernah bertanya kepada saya, “Sahabat Rasulallah s.a.w yang mana awak paling suka?”. Suatu soalan yang sukar untuk dijawab kerana latar belakang pendidikan saya hanyalah pendidikan “biasa”, mendapat pendidikan agama secara informal dari ibu ayah di rumah dan sekadar menghadiri sekolah agama, itupun waktu sekolah rendah! Soalan yang mencabar minda. Namun, tetap dijawab agar sahabat tidak menanti, dengan pantas “Saidina Abu Bakar” dijawab. Kenapa saya memilih Saidina Abu Bakar?  Kerana beliau adalah satu-satunya sahabat yang paling banyak kisahnya   yang saya dengari, beliau merupakan pendamping Rasulallah di awal kedatangan Islam dan be