Skip to main content

Siapa Maryam?


The very original version of my thought regarding ‘Maryam, Maryam …oh Maryam’ was back when I was 8 or 9 years old. It was when we were in UK, my family followed Abah to further his studies.

Staying overseas was never easy, they say (though I don’t really feel the pain because I was too busy playing with my dolls). Malaysians or Asians would always feel glad when the meet people of the same region and this made them to get connected with each other. Just like any other students, Abah made a lot of friends while he was at the university, while Mama took great care of the four of us (it was only four during that time) at home.

The repetition of ‘Maryam' in the title of this blog (back then I wish it was my book) does not only signifies that it IS my blog, but it actually refers to other few Maryams whom I met in life, especially in UK. The first Maryam would of course be me- Maryam A’dilla. The second Maryam is a friend of Mama who is a Singaporean whom we met in UK and the third Maryam is a family friend who was also my personal language teacher when I first got in one of the schools in UK ( I didn’t speak much of English before we flew to UK, that’s why I needed help of others). These are the three authentic primary people in title.

Yet, there are few more Maryams whom I met in life such as a friend who transferred to my school when I was in standard 6. Owh..I hated the fact that she has almost the same name as mine. Her name is spelled “MARIAM” while mine is “MARYAM”. It’s a homonym to my name (with "I" not "Y"). I hated it so much (ok, not that much) because..because when there are two people with the same name, the probability of getting confuse gets higher. For instance, a teacher may be calling the other Maryam with ‘Maryam’ yet I was the one who answered. Don’t you think it’s a shame when people are calling the other person, yet you ‘think’ its you???

Moving on to another Maryam is my beautiful young sister, she’s 10 now. Though we share the same initial name, yet I have never cared… simply because she’s my sister. We would be sharing the initial till death at home, yet there was not even an event where we would be confused with our names. Why? Because nobody at home calls us with Maryam, they call us by our second name which are A’dilla and A’fwa.

Along the journey of growing up, I have come to notice one significant person called by the name of Maryam as well. Her name is recorded in the Muslim history and is repeatedly mentioned in the Quran, and even named as of the surahs- Maryam the mother of Isa. This lady inspires me to be a better person, knowing that she faced challenges which are harder than mine. InshaAllah, I will write about her in one of my entries.

There you go. The Maryams in my life. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Again

Assalamualaikum... After 3 years of abandoning this blog, I'm here again. Reading all the posts. How things have changed. Some of the posts made me smile, some brought tears as they remind me of such events, some sounded selfish and arrogant.Sorry. What led me to write again? ...so that I can share ...so that those who might be in the same situation as I am currently in knows that they are not alone sometimes, we do have that lonely time where reading helps..right? ...so that I could somehow inspire I could you know... ...so that I could reflect This blog has somehow bring me back to the past. Can u imagine that its actually 8 years old?? I could read my past. thought. feelings. behaviour. ... so that I can have a healthy way of expressing myself healthier than food. Don't you think so? ...so that neurons in my brain are well connected b'cause writing on blogs need us to think (well, I do). Think of whether its appropriate to share to public o

A sunnah: Honey

"Look who's back       Back again.." -eminem- Yes, I'm back! Back tapping the letters :) Since last Ramadhan I've been consuming honey regularly every morning and Alhamdulillah (praise to Allah) my asthma is very well in control. I'm no longer depending on Symbicort ( a drug recommended by Brother 1) and Ventolin is just on standy. But since honey is my breakfast, the inhaler is just as part of my handbag fillers, perhaps its beyond the expiry date ( I should check on that).  #1: Why did I choose honey?        -Because it was part of the sunnahs.        - The last time I had really bad attacks (everyday!!!) honey was the most effective reliever.  #2: Why did I start consuming it again?       - Because its part of sunnah :)          (am I repeating my answer??)               - Since I heard the book by a reverter on "Rasulallah is my doctor" by Jerry D Gray. I've only heard          about the book. Still hunting for t

Vietnam with the girls

Assalamualaikum and Hi The first thing came to my head just now was ...." ha..dah lama tak update blog" So, lets not talk about that ;) Referring to the topic, yup I went to Vietnam last 2 weeks with my college friends. We were there for 3 days and 2 nights celebrating our 9th year of friendship (who would have thought we could last that longgg??) Alhamdulillah. It was so much fun!! We wanted to fly back to Vietnam just as we landed in KL! Lets see some of the pictures ;) Our coasters. Rase macam artis jemputan.huhu shell painting factory something in the city (we didnt get to walk around the city) by the road Mei mei (Our Mekong tourist guide.We gave her that name) Boat house Our luxury boat! Local fruits ( Mcm Malaysia jgak. buat2 kagum je nii) Mekong river  Owh.. and one  of the most important event was... Shopping! Dah all girls, wajib la pegi tempat ni and borong Baju Kurung. This was Danny's Place.Spe