Skip to main content

Bila nak kawen?

"Bila nak kawen?"

"Bila nak kenduri?"

These are the regular questions for me lately.

------------

The above 3 lines were written back in Sept 2015.

How time flies.

Its May 2018. Single. The questions remain the same. However, through out time people have learnt that jodoh, ajal-maut and rezeki are secrets that only Allah knows.

Pray. Pray harder.

Note: Back tapping my keyboard. Hello world!

Popular posts from this blog

My name is Maryam...A'dilla

When I was in primary schools, back in the year 1993 to 1998, many of the friends used to tease my name. Rather than Maryam, they would call me MERIAM (which means cannonball in Bahasa Melayu). I was of course hurt by it. Not that I was fat like a cannonball or fiery, they just love to tease. Well, kids. But anyhow my ears were just too thick to listen to the calls that the annoyance faded with time. Once, I used to ask my parents, “Why did you guys named me Maryam?” and their reasons were very simple, “because your midwife was called Miriam”...”and Maryam is a name that is mentioned in the Quran”. How beautiful. I was named after the name stated in the Quran and also to reminisce the day I was borned, they named me after my midwife (perhaps they were over joyed to have a baby girl in the family). Alhamdulillah, I have a great name. Maryam is the name of the Prophet Isa’s mother. She was chosen by Allah to carry Isa in her womb without a husband or even getting married. This is an

Mahrams

Salam and Hi This would be my first entry for 2012. Alhamdulillah, manage to find a topic which intrigue me to write a post :P When Islam was revealed to the Prophet pbuh, many rejected the message brought by him. Islam came as a religion which guides everyone in all aspects of life, from worshiping God to the ways we sleep (the adab of sleeping). What makes it more interesting is that it teaches us about the relationship between men and women too. In Islam, there are boundaries between the men and women and as to set the line, the relationship falls into two categories which are: 1. Mahrams 2. Ghayr Mahrams There are various books and sites that could help us to understand further on this topic but here is a link that, InshaAllah, could enlighten us too.   CLICK HERE Other than that, below is a diagram in Malay language which is very helpful in making us to understand the relationship between men and women. Source :  Pahrol Muhammad Juoi. "Solehah Pilihan." S

Why do I Write?

Assalamualaikum and Hi For years I've been thinking and looking for the answers and reasons to my question- Why do I write? Its not like I'm such a good writer or a brilliant person who has so many wise words and ideas to share. Its not that I have great language skills where I can show to the whole world and be proud of it. (Well, I do realize that many of my words are imprecise and most of the time not intriguing at all!) But why do I still write?... As I was browsing today, I've found an answer to my question . "to be able to talk with our real voice and for that voice to be heard. You write so that your voice can become bigger than just one person." ( The Confidence Guy ) To a certain extend, I agree.